Lane Community College Artist in Residence Summer-Fall 2017
Deadline: July 15
Lane Community College
The Presidential Lecture Series brings scholars and speakers to Lane Community College to enrich the educational experience of our students and our Oregon community. Funding is provided by the Roberta Konnie Fund of the Lane Community College Foundation. The selected artist or artists (1-3 awards) will be paid a stipend of $3000 per month to help cover their expenses and projects.
Expectations: Contribute at least 3 hours per week of community and/or student service during their residency. Types of service can include:
· Connect to our enrolled students through classroom visits and/or workshops
· Hold a high school outreach activity through a workshop, or visit to a local high school.
· Other activities as appropriate and approved by the dean.
Hold at least one major community event, lecture, performance or exhibit that would engage and benefit the Lane and Eugene/Springfield community. Produce one artwork or performance for the college and donate the work to the Lane’s Arts on Campus Collection if it is a physical piece. Leave the residence and studio spaces in the same condition or better when arriving
Lodging and Stipend Details
· Lane Community College will provide one dorm style room at the Titan Court (Lane’s Downtown Campus) free of charge if the residency is during the summer term, (must vacate prior to September 1) valued at $620/month. If this housing arrangement is declined, the artist must make other housing arrangements at their own cost.
· The monthly award is a total of $3,000 per month, for the duration of the residency (one, two or three month awards are available, as determined by the award committee). This is a flat stipend to cover travel, living expenses and any other costs related to the residency. No additional funding or reimbursements will be provided. If a group is awarded a stipend, the award remains a total of $3000 for the month, for the group.
· One bus pass from Lane Transit District (if requested) will be provided to travel around the Eugene/Springfield area, and commute to the Main Campus. If a group is awarded, you may request additional bus passes for other members.
· Art, dance, and performing arts studios, computer labs or other available physical spaces at Lane’s Main Campus to support the production, practice or other needs of the artist during the residency.
· We especially encourage artists to apply with interdisciplinary projects that align with Lane’s Core Themes and Core Values
Studio Supplies/Materials: Residents will need to bring or purchase all of the supplies necessary for the residency and artistic production. The college will work with the visiting artist to provide basic items like, easels, task lights, projector, printing presses, kilns, etc. when available. Please identify your specific needs for your project in your application.
To Apply: Please email the following information no later than July 15, 2017 to: Richard Lubben, Arts Division Deanlubbenr@lanecc.edu
Please type the following in the email subject line “Artist Residency Submission 2017”
· Project description (1-2-page maximum/12-point font single spaced), including how your project will connect to our students and community
· Cover letter description your background and interest in the residency (1-page maximum/12-point font single spaced)
· A link to your artistic or scholarly work (can be a shared document, website, etc)