Deadline: July 2
San Francisco, CA
Unauthorized SFMOMA Show is a series of solo exhibitions that will take place within the public spaces of SFMOMA from April 6th – July 2nd on a rotating basis. Similar to SFMOMA’s mission statement, Unauthorized SFMOMA Show is dedicated to making the art for our time a vital and meaningful part of public life. In order to carry this out, we have created a space where to exhibit and share the artwork that you want to see exhibited and shared.
What we are looking for: Unauthorized SFMOMA Show is looking for any kind of work, regardless of media, theme or dimensions, to inhabit the public spaces of SFMOMA. All works will be accepted at the moment of their submission. The submitted work will automatically constitute a solo exhibition accessible through the website https://sfmoma.show. The only requirement to both submit the work and see the solo show is to be physically present at SFMOMA.
How to submit the work:
- Go to any of SFMOMA’s public spaces — no ticket required (151 Third Street, San Francisco, CA 94103).
- Using your phone or computer, connect to the Internet (SFMOMA offers four hours of free Wifi daily)
- Visit the website https://sfmoma.show
- Select “I WANT TO EXHIBIT HERE”
- Fill in the form, upload your work, and press submit
There are NO application or exhibition fees. Your work will automatically be shown until another work is submitted. Once the season is over a catalogue of the solo shows, including all submissions sent, will be printed.
Unauthorized SFMOMA Show is looking forward to your submission(s) and presence! — Come with an open mind. Leave with a solo show.