Halcyon Arts Lab Fellowship
Deadline: April 4
Halcyon Arts Lab
At the intersection of art and social change, this nine-month residential fellowship is designed to provide support and resources to emerging artists working on projects which address issues of social justice, civic engagement, and community building. Arts Lab fellows strive to hone their practices and grow as leaders in their respective fields.
Adapting the well-honed methodology of the Halcyon model, Halcyon Arts Lab fosters creativity through a supportive environment of space, access, and community. The program accepts six national and international fellows as well as two Washington, DC-based artists in each cohort.
2018/2019 fellowship dates: September 10, 2018 - June 28, 2019
(Mandatory Orientation: September 11-12, 2018)
Halcyon Arts Lab Fellows have access to the following:
• Dedicated studio space to focus on research, learning, and creative practice
• A competitive financial scholarship to support living and material costs
• Nine months of off-site residential accommodation (eligible for non-D.C. residents only)
• A program of classes, artist talks, studio visits, civic engagement opportunities, and critiques
• Mentorship and critique from an experienced arts professional in the fellow’s field
• Opportunity to mentor DC high school students to provide guidance and inspiration in developing the next generation of socially-engaged artists
• Collboration and networking with fellow artists, social entrepreneurs and our program partner organizations in Washington, D.C.