Ox-Bow Artist Residency
Deadline: May 1
Fall residents are given the time, solitude, and focus often unavailable to so many working artists and writers. Each fall between 25 and 30 artists participate in the residency creating a diverse community of engaged peers. At Ox-Bow, artists can enjoy 24-hour access to their studios, and an inspirational setting, free from the expectations of commercial and academic demands. During the fall season, Artists in Residence have the opportunity to work in studios not available during the summer session. The fall is an ideal time for writers to apply as there are studios dedicated specifically to them. It’s also a great time to propose group or collaborative work. The residency provides:
- Studio (access to ceramic, printmaking, and painting studios—if you would like access these facilities make sure this is clearly stated in your application)
- Private room (shared bathrooms and showers)
- Meals (three meals a day)
- A diverse community of engaged artists
- Opportunities to share work: slide presentations and/or readings
- We are happy to announce that in 2016 Ox-Bow furthered our commitment to the needs of artists by no longer charging fees for the residency program (including application, room & board, and residency fees).
All accepted residents continue to be fully funded. Artists may apply for additional stipends to help pay for the cost of travel, supplies, and time away from work.